With new eyes...


My dad recently took on the job of remodeling a house.  This is no ordinary house.  It was built in 1867 and is on the national historic registry.  Marble fireplaces, ornate cornices, beautiful wood handrails, and several pieces of furniture that were original to the house.  I spent half a day wandering around and photographing the place and what a treat it was.  As I made my way to the stone basement I came upon a series of windows covered with iron work and was captured by the cold winter light filtering in.  Just as I raised my camera to my face my dad said "yeah, I've been meaning to clean those things up".  I pressed the shutter and turned to show him the display on the back. "Why would you want to do a thing like that?" I said.  He looked at the image and replied "maybe it's not such a priority".





0 comments:

Just a thought...

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers